Friday, April 12, 2013

Back to School Time!!!

The conversation went something like this:

Me: I don't understand your reticence! This is important to me! This could lead to something great!!

My Husband: You want to spend money to go to greeting-card-making school! It's not reticence you're hearing, it's sheer disbelief!

Me: Why can't I ever have something just for me??? JUST. FOR. ME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Him: (now retreating a step) I didn't say you couldn't! I just said I thought it was kind of...um...(shifting his eyes from me to the front door and quickly calculating his chances)...um...just silly because, you see, I think you're already quite good and the school well, hah hah, you could practically teach a class!

Me: (stepping away from the knife block I pretended to NOT notice on the counter in vicinity of my balled up fist) That's the sweetest thing you've said to me!!

Him: (voice still a bit shaky) Can I go watch golf now?

Me:  (sweetly) As long as you don't look at the paypal account until next week.

And just like that, I'm back in school!

Okay, so it's an online thing I can do on my own time and there are no grades and no actual teacher interaction but I had to do something. I'm not interested, really, in the class from an actual artistic standpoint; all I know is that I'm sitting on several hundred dollars worth of cardmaking crap that I HAD to learn to use!




To continue my somewhat inspirational journey, here's "Hope and Roses"





Remember, anything IS possible. Just follow the advice I was given many decades ago and that I have always followed: "Leap and the net will appear".

If you still have doubts and those doubts are exacerbated by a significant other, just take a deep breath and begin explaining your position in a calm and mature fashion. 

And it wouldn't hurt to do just that while standing near your own knife block.


No comments:

Post a Comment