Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Things We Do For CAS....I Mean, LOVE

CAS challenge for this week is to create a birthday card in the CAS (clean and simple) way. The ruling Queen of CAS-ual Friday, Michele, is having a birthday so here we go! My CAS entry:

                                                **Materials list at the bottom of post**


 This post is guaranteed to warrant a call from my big sister, Sherry.  But, as will all addicts, I'll promise to never do it again and reassure her that stamping really is NOT interfering with my life.

In short, I'm going to lie like a rug.

Which got me thinking about addict meetings for crafters. We'd all sit around, drinking diet coke, then someone would stand and say "Hi...my name is Jane and it's been three weeks since I embossed anything."

Or, "Hi, my name is Jean and I had a setback yesterday...my kids found my Tim Holtz stash. They were horrified by the size of my collection and didn't believe me when I said it wasn't THAT much, considering there's not a pot that the man doesn't have a finger in. It ended up in an argument and my husband found me fetal in the corner and screaming, "You'll never take my Copics! I'll DIE before that happens!"

We'd all nod gravely and talk about how Tim Holtz IS taking over the world and how we wish he'd do a vintage stamp collection with HAPPY messages that we could use instead of the vague and somewhat...oops. Sorry.

We'd all be looking each other over, searching for tell-tale signs of glitter in the hair, ink on fingers or the person who shows signs of favoring one arm over another...a sure sign of tendinitis brought on by too much Big Shot die cutting.
 
 Great...now I have the giggles.  Believe it or not, there's a reason I'm going this route. To be continued later in this post....promise.

First, I want to show you what it looks like when I create. Whether it's a CAS or any other card is irrelevant...this is my craft room and the aftermath...




I had my kid take one of those panoramic pics on my phone. I had to get him involved because I have no idea how to do this.

This is even more a travesty because, you have to believe me here, I'm organized. I don't like messes. I can barely work in them and yet, I somehow do. I clean up between each project. No wonder I haven't seen my kids in 6 months.

Now, on to my egregious behavior in making my CAS card today and why the whole addiction scenario was playing in my head.

Aside: SEE? I actually DO have a method to my madness....as far as you know.  hee hee

Here's the card my sister sent to me on my birthday last week:





Now, look back at my card and see if you notice anything.


I ACTUALLY RIPPED THE BUTTERFLY OFF THE BIRTHDAY CARD MY SISTER HANDMADE FOR ME TO CREATE MY ENTRY THIS WEEK!!!!!!

If this isn't addiction, my friends, I don't know what is.

But you have to admit that it really did MAKE the card, right????





***Materials List: I used the Sizzix daisy diecut and cut one in Wildberry Brazzil cardstock. Then, I cut six more of each piece in white to adhere underneath and give it depth. Verve scroll diecut and sentiment and the butterfly...well, the butterfly is the purpose of this entire post. But that's later. A SU! brad and two butterfly diecuts from an SU! punch on SU! designer paper finshes it off. Sentiment stamped in SU! Pacific Point.***



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! :)
    Thanks for joining the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty Sylvia! I appreciate everyone making me feel so welcome. I love this medium!!

    ReplyDelete