Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Challenges, Challenges, Challenges!!

SCS Color Challenge-SU! Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight and Gold
Dessert-Fussy Cut one item
CC455

 
 
Featured Stamper Challenge
CASE a card from her gallery-change at least 2 things
SCS FS356

FS356 Featured Stamper-Miss Linda-below is her card that I CASEd





You'd think if you only had to make one card a day that it would be a breeze, right? I always thought so!

...and I was a complete idiot.

My doc says I should work my hobby. It's supposed to help me maintain a 'positive mental state' while using fine motor skills and logic and planning and all this other psychological crap. Personally, anything that keeps me from having to clean the house or do the laundry is a plus and that positive mental state is happening, my homies. 

But the fact remains I'm an A type with OCD, who is competitive and who has worked since I was 14. That's 31 years!! Being out of work is terrible. I miss my job and the sense of satisfaction (and the paycheck, of course) that I got from being successful at what I did. 

At home, I'm just the machine in the background that feeds, clothes and performs in a way so that the OTHER family members can go about their business of being significant. 

That being said, I have to say this: I'm alive, my spinal cord stimulator seems to be combating the chronic pain I've battled for almost 15 years and I see my boys in a different light. 

I'm a comedian. I laugh a lot. While this post may sound serious, my  intent is to set the stage for what I'm going to say next:

God is Great, God is Good. 

I'm thankful for what I have and the experiences I've had that have made me grow-sometimes painfully-as a person. I don't believe God is behind the bad things that happen...He didn't cause me-or anyone, for that matter-to have health issues. I believe God is there to use me, my illness or whatever events are going on in my life right now, to His glory and His purpose,

Thank you for going with me on this...I felt the need to assert my beliefs and trust in God and my thanks to his son, Jesus. I'm not sure why I was pushed to write this...maybe YOU were supposed to read it!! :)

I send my love to you, my friends. Thank you for supporting my blog and being there for me. I love you!!

2 comments:

  1. I soooo identify with this. I, too have worked for (insert undisclosed number of years) and I know what you mean. And art is better. <3

    You inspire me :)

    I WAS supposed to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to know something kind of strange? I was supposed to read this again too! I'm completely serious! And I can't inspire YOU, because YOU inspire ME!!! Btw...would you send a mailing addy via scs or salome000@aol.com? I stumble across things every once in awhile that aren't for me...they're for someone else...I'm just the middleman! Funny how I seem to know immediately who these things (that fall into my lap...it's crazy) are meant for! I've had it for a couple of days and meaning to ask but there's this crazy challenge thing going on and I've been a little consumed. ;) Thank you, Fireborn!

    ReplyDelete