Saturday, December 14, 2013

Curling up with a good book and wondering why people don't want the free stuff I'm giving away!!




Recipe: SU! Dream Catcher set, brayer, SU! More Mustard, So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy and Elegant Eggplant, Copics and Distress Markers, masking sheets, SU! Bravo Burgundy, Crushed Curry and Whisper White cardstock, Feathers, Suede thong.


First...it's Challenge time. This is for SCS Ways to use it and we were encouraged to draw inspiration from your fave book. Mine is Non-Fiction and I've been telling EVERYONE about it! It's called 'Empire of the Summer Moon' and it has multiple narratives but all centered around the rise and fall of the Comanches. Do you know that the reason Mexico gave such generous land grants to Americans to encourage them to come live in Texas (late 1700's, when Texas was part of Mexico)? It was because Mexico wanted to create a barrier between Mexico and the incessant Comanche raids! Comanches were the first to fight on horseback and mastered a horse like no other. This book was SO astonishing that I read it AGAIN.

And will again, I'm sure.

The second part of my title has to do with my consternation that not ONE PERSON has commented on my previous post and tried to win brand new free stuff!!!! I even handle the postage? What do I have to do? Add more stuff and make it more valuable??? Fine. I'll ALSO throw in a Copic sketch marker-E15- (I had an extra...unused) and will now ask, is this ENOUGH????

Copic Sketch Marker E15-Dark Suntan-retail 8.00
On Trend Crate Paper Pack-retail 6.00
Ellen Hutson ribbon-7 yards-retail...well...I don't know but it's pretty nice!!!!

Don't you DARE think I won't add more!!!
I MAY just continue adding, if I feel like it!! SO THERE!!!!!!!!!

<pouting and refusing to write anything funny until someone pays attention>

5 comments:

  1. Your card is awesome. I can tell you were super inspired by your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well ok then...I'm up for anything free!!! I didn't even know you were doing a give-a-way! seriously, we have been having terrible problems with the internet and SCS site for days! Ok, so you must have forgiven us all cause you wrote an incredibly funny comment on my card!! BTW-love this card. I have lots of Indian AND cowboy stamps with landscapes but haven't used them for years now. (someone was NOT encouraging to me)!! anyway, love what you've done with this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG..am so super excited!!! I LOVE to give stuff away!!! Of course, it's always more fun to give other people's stuff away, so I think I'm going to have to add something of my husband's to this as well!! Seriously! Going to find something of his to steal...I mean, 'donate' to my swag bag for y'all!! And Robin...honeychild...I've SEEN what you can do! There's no cowboy, Indian or landscape that stands a chance with you!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card too! Your masking and brayering (only tried it once, very difficult) are look awesome, I love the mountains. Your feathers are a wonderful touch. This stamp is really great. Oh, almost forgot, if you like the subject matter, I have read a lot of books by Leslie Marmon Silko (my favorites being Ceremony and Gardens in the Dunes) Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carmen, I saw this post and thought of this card!! It is wonderful and I think you should submit it!! I don't know why I am pushing you to do this when I myself have never gone this route but I just really love the card. Anyway, here is the link: http://www.papercraftsconnection.com/blog/2014/01/new-call-for-submissions-posted/ I hope you are doing well and have dethawed by now!

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete