Thursday, December 19, 2013

Paging All Cardmakers...all Papercrafters....STAT...There's an Adhesive Emergency..Probably Stickles Related...I SAID STAT!!!

Memory Box Door and Small Poinsettias, Spellbinders Icicles, IO Tree, Fence, Bird , Martha Stewart Branch Punch for fence and handmade wreath, Copics, Flower Soft



First of all, a reminder: Today is the FINAL day to get your guess in for the 1st Goddess Giveaway! Considering the meager response, your odds are GREAT to win, win, WIN!! Since I'm still a little pouty at said meager response, I'm all throwing in MORE goodies: NOT to make the winner feel good, but to make the winner feel good and boast about how easy it was to win such a terrific prize by guessing how many dies a blogger had and the fact the number didn't matter because only 4 PEOPLE ENTERED!!

Ahhhh...I LOVE the smell of passive-aggressive in the morning, especially when I can execute it via an innocent and unknowing third party.

But enough about the contest-which ends tonight-and back to what this blog is all about...

Me.

This card is going into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and the Great Impressions Challenge. Both called for glitter and bling. I was going to name this creation "Well, you SAID you wanted &%$%&% GLITTER!" but that might not be in the spirit of things. So, I'm going to call it "Christmas Door" and be done with it.


PAM-(Pre-adderall moment) I'm a bit salty today because after two good days with my hands not going numb every three seconds, it's back to 'normal'. Whether it's hands or personality, 'NORMAL' has never worked for me.

Now that I've established that I'm in 'a mood', I'll explain the title.

At the end of the day, all we do is play with paper... this AIN'T neurosurgery.

We all need to take a step back and stop being so retentive in our nether regions and take time to enjoy what we do. Whether we make challenges or want to be contracted by a company or be on a DT, we have to be thankful that we have found a creative outlet and know that God can work His plans through what we create. In short, settle down and have a sense of humor...learn to laugh at yourself. I can promise your work will reflect it.

Or if you can relax those nether region retentive muscles, let all the glitter you put on your work reflect it, as is exampled above. Heh heh.





4 comments:

  1. I thought I put in a guess and a comment before, but I don't see it anywhere. The guess was based on my own embarrassing hoard of dies, and I know a lot of people who have me beat by a mile. I guess 163 and if you seperate all your sets into individuals, ie. Spellbinders, my guess is then multiplied by 4.5. My comment was about Kittie (All Hail the Queen !!), and her needing to bear some responsibility for my ever increasing supply of IO dies.
    Hmm, is that a Kittie style wreath on your card ? Just wondering, as I'm cutting a stack of little bits of paper to make my own.
    Great card ! Love the icicles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad that SOMEONE ELSE has suffered at the hands of HRH Kittie C!! Shona...you are RIGHT. She's responsible for the majority of my dies. That IS a Kittie style wreath!! Since my blog is pretty much a tribute to Kittie and Lee-Anne, I finally quit referencing every little thing. Besides, when does a tribute cease to be a tribute and become fodder for a restraining order??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card with lovely details. Thanks for playing with Great Impressions this month.

    Mary Anne, Great Impression DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your glittery card with its darling die cuts and abundance of sparkle. Your glittery banter is equality creative.

    ReplyDelete