Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tuesday Teapot Challenge-Elvis is Dead and I Don't Feel So Good Myself

First of all, a nod to the late Lewis Grizzard; the Elvis quote was the name of one of my favorite books by him. My second favorite was "They Tore My Heart Out and Stomped that Sucker Flat". Lewis had a real way with words.

I decided to try the Teapot Challenge for the first time. It has to do with a picture of a Teapot, a story and the challenge. Y'all KNOW I'm always up for a story! The only downside was that I had asked if it was some type of children's story and had been told no, that it was "a story told by adults" and somehow my screwed up synapses heard 'adult story' and, needless to say, my expectations weren't quite met.

I was feeling poorly today, so I decided to take the challenge and make a sympathy card for myself. I handcrafted the Geraniums and spent literally all day perfecting every aspect of the card. When I was done, I made sure to write myself a really nice note and told myself that, being I was sickly, it was perfectly okay to eat cookies from the kid's lunch boxes and wear pajamas all day if I wanted to. I also emailed myself a picture of my husband's credit card that I took on the sly, and said to treat myself to something special.

I can't stand feeling as if I've only given part of a whole gift, so I also made sure to excuse myself from laundry and cooking for the rest of the week. It's really for my own good, I said. There's no sense in wearing myself out!!

So, as I sit here munching on the kid's mini Oreos, I reflect on what an incredibly thoughtful and kind person I am, to care so much about the welfare of others. My generosity and selflessness are beyond reproach. I would keep on but I don't want to embarrass myself TOO much.

Besides, I've got some of the school lunch Nutter Butters calling my name.

Recipe: SU! Vanilla, Marina Mist, Soft Sky, McGill Flower Punches, Sizzix Flower Shaping Kit, Verve Classy Label Die, Impression Obsession Butterflies, MFT Crochet Die, Sentiment from Sweet N Sassy. Tim Holtz Distress Markers-Stormy Sky, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire

1 comment:

  1. Your card is just beautiful. Wow, it is built petal by petal. You did a great job. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete