Monday, April 14, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #131







BOY!! Talk about getting this in by the skin of my teeth!!!

T minus 5-1/2 hours to get your entries in right HERE

If you don't make today's sketch, the new sketch will be out tomorrow. Even if you don't want to play, check out their DT. Talk about inspiring...those gals know how to rock a sketch like nobody's business!

I stamped the lily in Archival Ink, on Mixed Media paper. I colored the center, then used Flower Soft to add a little texture. Using Distress Inks, I watercolored it and then cut it into 3 pieces. I mounted each on black cardstock and placed over 3 Memory Box Tessatina Diecuts, with a few pieces left in for interest. 

I can't explain why I offset the middle piece of the lily. It just seemed like the right thing to do. One thing I've learned from FMS is that interest can be created by doing just little things. I can't say I make it work all the time, but since playing with FMS, I DO know that I need to trust myself and experiment when it feels right. 

Wish me luck!! Hopefully, it's my week to win, place or show! Come on over and play! Winning notwithstanding, I've learned more here from a comprehensive standpoint than any other blog. Check them out!!


Ink: Ranger Archival and Distress Inks. Victorian Velvet, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar
Paper: PTI Rustic White, SU! Certainly Celery
Stamps: SU! From the Garden
Impression Obsession Sentiment
Memory Box Tessatina Die
Citrus Ultra-Fine Flower Soft

 



7 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the offset center flower piece! It really caught my eye while scrolling through the FMS entries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn-TY so much!! That means a lot to me...it really does. I'm getting ready to go check them out, too. Are you entered??

      Delete
  2. And this is why I don't do sketches! I would never,ever see that sketch as this freakin' awesome masterpiece. I look at the sketch and see two pieces of paper, you took that same sketch and created ART !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SHONA...what a bunch of BS!! I've SEEN your work! You can hold your own with the best of them!!! I just think you don't like sketch challenges because you simply don't want anyone telling you what to do. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MWAAAH!

      Delete
  3. Yes, it is absolutely lovely! You are so much further ahead than me as an artist. I'm just a die addict, all shopping and no crafting!
    P.S. I'm going to have to CASE your idea of cutting the flower design into several panels. I think I have that stamp. Funny how I'm not entirely sure about that, I have so many. Sigh... But my stamp storage dilemma is one I'm working on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky-I totally let you down!! I started painting my son 's room on Fri instead of sat and didn't stop until I was done on Sunday. Everything just flew out of my head!! How did your crop go???

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful! You've done a fantasticl job with that flower (which lives in my collection, too!). Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete