Monday, April 21, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge 132

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/2014/04/freshly-made-sketches-132-sketch-by-jen.html?showComment=1398089392090#c6468504387602304296
I will call this "Rhapsody in Copper" (with big arm flourish, gazing nobly into the future, where my genius will imprinted upon all who gaze upon my art-like, at the Smithsonian or somewhere like that. Wait...that's not the place with all the art, is it? Sigh. Genius is hard.)

Ahem.

Soooooo.....once again, I sneak in just under the wire. You'd never know that I spend the majority of time on these sketches, I bet. Actually, I average 4 cards per FMS challenge. I send them to my friend SP, who says "Love it, Hate it (or) Wait until my Tylenol 3 kicks in...I've got to be on SOMETHING to stare at your creations for longer than 3 seconds."

You've got to love someone fearless enough to be honest!! :)

If you go back several posts, you can find the person to blame for my heated copper obsession. I ran some sheets through my Big Shot using my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die, then took the heat gun (along with my safety and well-being) into my over-caffeinated hands and BAM! We have my focal point!

Heated copper isn't difficult. It just takes a while for the copper to heat up and produce the colors above. But I think it's worth it, in the end. MAN, I love the look! You can also dry emboss it! It's a terrific addition to a card...ANY  card.

I used Mother Teresa's saying from SU! Inspired by nature and a sheet of actual cherry wood from Mixed Media 101. I took a piece of organza ribbon and a piece of jute and knotted it on the PTI Rustic Cream Cardstock.

Challenges entered:

Freshly Made Sketches #132





4 comments:


  1. Carmen - It's beautiful, and even better-looking in person, I'm thinking. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope the copper flower will catch the judge's eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew copper did that when heated! Love the look! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what an amazing effect your heated copper gives! Thanks for sharing and thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Narelle, TY for the compliment!! My heated copper obsession came on immediately after my husband said, "I don't know HOW this hobby could possibly get any more expensive!" That'll teach him!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

      Delete