Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Truck for Mr. Black


This card is for Mr. Black, who is going through a rough patch. He is a car aficionado, and I've had this IO stamp for AGES, so it seemed like a good match. Growing up on a dairy farm, trucks like this were common. Rusted to the bone but more dependable than any car I've owned in my life!! Even though I might have to pop the clutch to get it started (while being towed along by a tractor) and learning to shift 'three on a tree' was significantly more complicated than 'four on the floor', (though not as ruinous to our culture as the evil automatic) it makes me pine for days past. I'm pretty sure Mr. Black feels the same way. Inside, there's a "Wishing you a speedy recovery...Get Well Soon!" which I HOPE qualifies for an uplifting message. If that doesn't cut it, here's what I wrote: "While we don't know each other, I understand a lot of what you're going through with your health issues. But remember, old trucks may get rusty, but they're more useful and dependable than ANY of today's models! So know that, despite the hard days, you are more valuable and necessary to those who love you, with each passing day!"

I hope it helps. :)

Watercolor with Distress Inks

Stamp by Impression Obsession

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, gee Carmen, what a lovely thing to say and so perfect with your image. Absolutely beautiful card, inside and out !! ( The colouring on that truck is fabulous!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that truck card...and the message

    ReplyDelete