Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Summer Tag for Splitcoast Mix-Ability Challenge





 I'm starting to believe that there is logic in the actual 'planning' of a card, BEFORE you spend 7 hours messing around and trying to figure out how to fill the holes or panic over placement. The only thing I had figured out at the beginning was the paper piecing and the doll. I used a Bo Bunny pack called the "Prairie Chic Collection" and the doll, dress and tag was finished in less than an hour. The next 6 hours were spent trying and discarding flower arrangements, pouring over pinterest and google, and praying to the Lord to give me patience...because if He gave me strength, He was going to have to come up with bail money, too.

Alright. That's actually another stamp sentiment from Rubbernecker that came yesterday. I'm so tired I'm ripping off material.


As promised, here's the Recipe: Julia Nutting 'Megan', Dress was handcut, shaped and I cut and highlighted 'pleats'. Pink tulle was glued underneath to give the skirt some volume. I hot glued lace down the side, and the background of the tag is torn and paper pieced together. The purse was created using Stampin Up! Cupcake Punch (for the bottom) and the 3/4 circle punch (then cut in half) for the top of the purse. I found a small chain and glued to the purse and back of the doll's arm. I punched a doily shape from another SU! punch and placed a Prima wood button over it and tied with thread. The sentiment is from Rubbernecker Stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment