Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Featured Stamper


Look...when I saw THIS in Kathy's gallery, it was all over for me. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=193794

First of all, I LOVE my SB Captivating Squares. Secondly, it was a downright GORGEOUS card that I had no hope of doing any justice to, which is fine by me. All I know is that Kathy-without having a clue-made me sit down in front of my sewing machine and try like the dickens for a good half hour to sew a straight line. I didn't succeed, but I needed the practice!! Next, I did the hole punching thing which I have NEVER done before...in my life! And last but not least, I was able to CASE her layers and not break out in hives...not a one!

Kathy, your gallery is unreal, chica! You deserve the honor and I'm so happy to get to try my hand at one of your cards!!

Instead of the roses, I went with my poinsettia. You'll see a lot of these from me until about mid-January. Then I'm over it. I couldn't care less about seeing one of the dang things until the following August.

Lately, I have secretly been working on some of my bad crafting habits. Like keeping my scraps organized and going there FIRST when I start working on a card, instead of pulling a fresh sheet. Or forcing myself to wait 24 hours when I see a die or stamp I just HAVE to have and want to buy immediately. (I'm up to about 45 minutes...hey...it'll come. Rome wasn't built in a day and I can't just dump Ebay after being in a 15 year relationship. Baby steps, people. Baby steps.)

Lastly, I've been actually making myself use my designer paper.

Don't you look at me like that!!!! Don't you act like what I just said was all crazy and that you have NO idea what I'm talking about!!! If you claim to not understand what I'm saying then you LIE like a rug!!

What IS it about designer paper? Well, other than it being all 'designer'. And more expensive. And has a tendency to go out of print sooner than later. But other than that, WHY CAN'T WE BRING OURSELVES TO USE THE *&^*&* STUFF??????

Look, all those reasons notwithstanding, we ALL purchased our DP WITH the intent of USING it. You would've laughed in the face of anyone who dare suggest you would pay good money for paper, then refuse to use it.

Julie, from justwritedesigns, in a moment of touching candor, admitted to the inability to use much of her designer paper. "But," she said, "I DO have visitation with mine and I try to make it as positive an experience as I can. Why would I mess up that relationship and shatter the trust between us by being so cold-hearted as to cut into it?"

Excellent point, Julie.

So, while I'm working on this character flaw, I hope you can draw strength from my struggle. I'm proud to say I purchased a Carta Bella kit the other day and used almost every piece, INCLUDING the stickers!!!

Unfortunately, I only did it AFTER I ordered another from Amazon. Next time, I'm going to cut into that sucker and THEN shop for an immediate replacement!!!

Baby steps, people. Baby steps.

(Thanks to Julie for letting me share our conversation. Of course, I MIGHT have taken a teeny tiny literary license with it...just a very, minute amount. As far as you know.)



No comments:

Post a Comment