Friday, September 19, 2014

Secret Garden #2-Nancy's Place





My very good friend Nancy is one of the people who keeps me crafting and I love her for that!

Even if I'm feeling a little burned out or frustrated because NO ONE is reading this blog, or like my MOJO ran off and filed a restraining order on me or the times when I look around at all the craft stuff I've accumulated and never figured out how to use and I don't know how to smuggle it OUT of the house now that DH is working from home, Nancy is ALWAYS there with a pat on the back and a sweet comment.

She really seems to like my work alot. Which IS troubling at times. Because, let's face it...my work is certainly not THAT stellar or groundbreaking. I wonder if Nancy's support is due to her having terrible taste in art or is due to her feeling sorry for me? Or both?

Like I REALLY care which one it is...she LOVES ME! HAH!

In all seriousness, I adore her and she IS one of the most supportive friends I've got. So, when I asked her what she would have in her Secret Garden, she said, "A swing and a brook".

Done!

Nancy's tree was made from clay, as was the swing bottom. Both were painted with different browns of distress stain. The brook is made of glossy accents and microbeads, the moss surrounding it is real. I LOVE the little turtle and frog playing around there! The book is Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights and, if you look closely at the leaves on the upper left, you MIGHT see a tiny Fairy flitting about.

Thank you to Nancy for this inspiration! And an even BIGGER thank you for your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment