Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Love, Anniversaries and OTHER things that go bump in the night...




Let me start by saying 'yes'...I know I posted two pictures. 

One has a white background and the other, black. My OCD couldn't use one to out-nitpick the other, so I just threw them both on here to just get on with it.

I had a piece of colored foil left over from by butterfly (see previous post) so I decided to make an atc card. 

Since Valentine's Day (or "VD-Day" as my 1st grader once yelled to me-do NOT see the previous posts for that story...I'd just soon forget that one) is right around the corner, I decided to use that for my theme. For my inspiration, well, that's going to take a little 'splainin'. 

I'm not much of a movie/TV watcher. Unless it's Outlander. Then I'll watch and rewatch (and watch a THIRD time, but just the dirty parts) until I get all that Alexander James Malcolm McKenzie Fraser out of my system. Great....I have no idea what I was talking about. Happens every time. I start talking about Jaime and Claire and then I'm out scratching at every rock I can find. Sigh.

Ok...movies/tv. Don't do them very often. But if one of my old faves comes on and I just happen to pause, I'll stay to the end. Which is what happened to me yesterday, and which I decided to use as the art inspiration for this Valentine's ATC.

The movie was Predator.

WHAT???? Predator is a GREAT movie!! It's has great dramatic tension, a truly terrifying villain, and it's the only movie in which Arnold Schwarzenegger has a whole bunch of lines and delivers them as if he's a real actor!!! 

When the scary Predator thing hides in the trees like a chameleon, well...that's what my inspiration was for this ATC. I debossed the card, embossed the cupid, ran the archival ink over the cupid to highlight the embossing, cut another cupid in black and offset to give just a hint of shadow/separation and cut 'Love' in black 3x, glued together and coated with glossy accents. And it worked!!! 

Certainly NOT as cool as Predator, but I'm digging it. So there we are.

I'm sort of getting into this ATC thing, so I'll check in with you later. Unless Outlander is on...then it might be awhile. 


1 comment:


  1. Love this! It appears to be metal and what wonderful techniques you used. STILL laughing about Arnold too!

    ReplyDelete