Thursday, January 21, 2016

Woodland Fairy Lair




I'd originally planned to submit this to atcsforall monthly contest, under the theme "Woodland Creatures", but was told that it didn't fit the theme. I guess I always thought of fairies and gnomes as living in the woods (not to mention I've cut enough dang deer, bird and rabbit diecuts to last me til' June!) but oh well. At any rate, here's my girl!

It was a fairly simple card...I ran cardstock through on PTI wood embossing plate and used distress inks to color. Using the little masonite gothic window, I decided to take the easy way out and score the 'hinge' instead of attaching a real one. Mostly because I'm not very good with hinges and I doubt this will be used enough to compromise the paper. 

I used mounting tape to attach the glimmer paper to the back and more to attach the fairy. I used a few rhinestones and stickles on her, glued some moss, fake greenery and mushroom and it was DONE!

I'm off to play around with a circus and fabric atc. We've got this huge winter storm that's going to hit tonight (I'm in NC...our 'storm' constitutes a little ice and an inch of snow. They cancelled school for tomorrow at 2pm today-HAH!) so it's either stay in the craftroom and keep my sanity, or feed the kids enough benadryl to keep them sleeping til' Monday. ;)

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. You may be housebound but it's fun to see you on a creative roll! LOVE this! Fantastic job with the woodgrain. I can only imagine what this looks like in real life with the added glitter. Thanks for a fantastic blog too!

    ReplyDelete