Monday, February 15, 2016

ATC Swap "Up in the Air" for atcsforall



The great thing about this swap is the theme "Up in the Air"

What's so great about the theme is that it pretty much encompasses everything in my craft room, so I didn't sit here thumping my head on my desk, praying for an idea, an intervention or a drink. Usually, in that order.

I wanted to try to do three different mediums. So, the balloon on the right is mixed media using Adirondack paint dabbers, gold embossing paste (hard to see the writing to the right, I know) and some tissue tape. The one in the middle is a tag I coated with black, stamped random images on and clear embossed, covered with blue paint and, while it was tacky, gently rubbed the paint off the images. Using a stencil, I used gold embossing paste to add the words "Release and Surrender". The gold butterflies are coming off the card. The third is using a Penny Black stamp that I embossed in gold and watercolored. I added a couple of brass accents; dragonfly, butterfly and bird. 

I have an extra as a hostess gift that has nothing to do with the theme, necessarily. 


I was just in an Art Deco mood and, sometimes, you just gotta run with what comes to you! 

I embossed a piece of black cardstock and embossed with clear embossing powder. Found that cool shape online and printed on cardstock and transparency to layer over for a 'pow' effect. The Chrysler building, car and hood ornament from Lalique' I also found and the girl comes from an awesome collage sheet by Laura Carson  HERE 

The quote is by Harold Clurman, a noted 20's writer.

Today has been a weird day. Kids out of school and I hate when I go through a period of heavy creativity, where everything works and it's effortless, to the inevitable crash. Which I think is happening. But we'll see. 

Worse comes to worst, there's always wine and a bubble bath. Trust me when I say that taking advantage of all that enough times will result in your not even KNOWING you're in a slump. 

Even passed out. 

Trust. ;)

2 comments:

  1. You never disappoint, not in your outstanding creations and your humor! I could not even begin to create something like this! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carmen! So these are all gorgeous! Each one totally unique, different. But that hot air balloon? Oh, wow! It is an amazing piece of art! You have SO found your creative niche!

    ReplyDelete