Thursday, April 14, 2016

Mellow Yellow Groovin'



As you all know, I have very little patience for the 'norm'.

I always feel like I need to push past any traditional rules and stretch my creativity.

Which really just translates into I had no clue as to what to do and I stumbled on this little template and swore I'd make it work.

This little van is the size of an ATC..3.5 x 2.5.  Actually, it's a bit shy on the 2.5 side but let's not dwell on that. I went a little crazy with crystals and stickles, as you can see, but what a blast!


On each side of the van, I glued a Tim Holtz band, both with sayings about journeys. The van ties in with the Mellow Yellow theme because the song, by Donovan, was a huge hit in the 60's. It was speculated the song was about getting high on banana peels. Which sounds like the person who came up with that was high in order to invent something like that to begin with. But when you think about the 60's, hippies, vans, peace, love, rock n roll and all the different things rumored to get you stoned , works. And since I really can't do much with any of the aforementioned items (this IS going to the UK, mind you...I'd hate to start an international incident. Although, I DO feel like I'm on quite a few watch lists, somewhere...trust) I did think the van was a nice twist on the theme AND on the traditional ATC.



I hate that you can't see the tie-dye effect that's on the word bands. Using alcohol inks and 6 bright colors, I was able to make them perfectly tie-dyed. They're really cute. 



I really hate to do this to you guys, but I've got to make this a quick one! Family is flying in tomorrow and I've got to do some heavy-duty cleaning/sterilizing/burning before they get here. I also have to bite the bullet and color my hair, which is something I hate. I'd rather clean a horse's hoof with my tongue than brush out all these curls into an afro (that would fit right in with this theme!) and struggle with color that ends up all over my body, as much as on my hair. I always reach a point when I look in the mirror and, between the afro, subtle red skin coloring and chubby mid-section, I see I distinctly resemble an ancient fertility charm, or something to that effect.

I'm one away from completing this month's theme for BlissfulATCswap so I'll see you shortly!

Hopefully, sans gray hair, afro and red body tint. 

Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment